The situation varies from one to another if you think about the Husky and Pitbull fight. If there’s a fight between a Husky vs Pitbull. There’s no exact proof about who would win. Both of them have different temperaments and lifestyles. Their history tells a lot of different stories. Comparing the capabilities of the Husky and Pitbull fight isn’t fair.
Both of them need different kinds of families and environments. Although we can only understand what makes them different from each other. And if anyhow a Husky and Pitbull fight occurs. Who would probably get harmed most?
Here, you need to keep reading this whole article. To know better about the Husky and Pitbull fight.
Can the Huskies fight?
Before diving into it, we must understand the purpose of fighting between two dogs. The fight starts when the rage grows to such an intense level. That it’s not about punishing but causing great harm to another dog’s body parts. The Pitbull vs Husky fight doesn’t stop even if one of them yields to another one. Moving on, to the huskies’ capability to fight.
Well, even though huskies are large and strong. Their temperament level is quite better than other dogs. Huskies are gentle and love to interact with other dogs. Huskies don’t fight unless they’re provoked or attacked in the first place.
Nowadays, most of the family want to have a husky as a pet around the world. They’ve been a great companion to humans since old times. Do you think it would happen if huskies are aggressive? Not at all.
Breed Comparison: Husky VS Pitbull
- Huskies originated in polar lands and are popular for being an ancient breed. They soon became a part of the Chukchi people in Siberia. Afterward, they started working in Alaska, in 1908 or 1909. Where they were used as sled pulling racing for the Chukchi tribe. Whereas, the American Pit Bull Terrier originated in the United States. They were made to participate in baiting and dogfights in old times. This breed is a mix of Terrier and Bulldog, which arrived in America in the 19th century.
- Both of them are family dogs but need different lifestyles and families. Huskies are popular for their playful and entertaining personalities. They love being social and friendly. They love to run and communicate by howling and vocalizing. Whereas, Pitbull tend to be more inclined toward their owner’s commands. They like to please their owner’s needs first. However, both of them can be destructive if they don’t get the care and training they need.
- Huskies and Pitbull don’t share similar looks. Huskies have large bodies with thick fur in their double coats. That helps them to endure the harsh cold. The double coat also helps in a hot place. After blowing its coat in the spring season it gets light fur in its undercoat to cool down. Whereas, an American Pit Bull Terrier has only a single thin and smooth coat.
- A Siberian Husky’s weight is around 35 to 60 pounds. And height is around 20 to 23 ½ inches. Whereas, an American Pit Bull terrier’s weight is around 30 to 60 pounds. And height is around 17 to 21 inches.
- Huskies have an intense amount of energy. And sometimes they can go hyperactive. Any huskies lifespan is for 12 to 14 years. Whereas. Pitbull doesn’t go hyperactive and have energy at an above-average level. Their lifespan is for 12 to 16 years.
Bite Force Comparison: Husky vs Pitbull
In a Pitbull vs Husky fight, it’s impossible not to consider their bite force. Well, bite force varies among different breeds. Any typical dog can bite around 320 PSI. However, Huskies and Pitbull don’t have the strongest bite force.
If we compare them to other breeds such as Kangal, Bandog, Rottweiler, and Staffordshire Bull Terrier. The bite force of a Kangal is around 743 PSI. The bite force of a Bandog is about 730 PSI. These two have the strongest bite force among all dog breeds.
Whereas, Rottweiler and Staffordshire Bull Terrier both have a bite force of 328 PSI. Which is still more than a Pitbull’s and a Husky’s bite force. Therefore, one thing is common in these dogs. That they’re mostly used as guard dogs.
Bite Force of Siberian Husky
Husky has a bite force of 320 PSI (source). And if they put more physical pressure, scary damage can be seen. Huskies are hard-working dogs. That’s why they’ve enormous energy. They’ve strong persistence and endurance in any difficult situation. The reason they could still maintain this much bite force. Because they’re descendants of wolves.
Bite Force of Pitbull
Pitbull has a bite force of 235 PSI (source). Which is not that tremendous in contrast to a Husky. But their aggressive and protective nature makes the situation scary. A Pitbull is always loyal to its owner or master. He’s protective and can do anything to not let the intruder break into. We shouldn’t forget Pitbull have a strong instinct to fight faster. Because for a long time, they were used for fighting and baiting.
Do Huskies have a stronger bite Force than Pitbull?
If you compare Husky vs Pitbull bite force in PSI. Then “yes” they’re having a stronger bite force than Pitbull. Although, scary occurrences depend on the situation. Despite having a strong bite force, huskies don’t get aggressive soon. Unless they get attacked in the first place.
They’re famous for their comical character. That entertains people and children. Huskies are always there in your emotional moments to cheer you up. They’re good at howling and vocalizing. Moreover, they’re good at showing their emotions.
Pitbull also has a gentle and warm personality. But when he senses any harm to his people. He can do anything to protect you no matter what may come.
Are Huskies more dangerous than pit bulls?
Well, comparing both of them as a danger isn’t justifying. Both of them have different purposes to fulfill. Both of them have a different journey of evolution. However, for the sake of awareness. We should know which one of them can bring a scary situation.
Again, it depends from situation to situation. As we understood so far, huskies don’t bring any danger. They don’t have aggressive nature but they can fight well enough. If they have to when they get attacked first somehow.
The same goes with Pitbull but their protective nature makes them scary. And they already have a bad reputation which isn’t fair at all. Good training and commands can stop a Pitbull from attempting those scary fights.
Also check: Do Huskies and Pitbulls get along?
Can a Siberian husky kill a pit bull?
A Siberian husky won’t attack anyone first. They’re naturally calm but playful and outgoing. So, there’s less chance for a Husky to kill a Pitbull. In a Husky vs Pitbull fight, we can only consider the scenarios given below.
- Suppose in a fight of Pitbull dog vs Husky. Your Husky is 2-year-old but the Pitbull is still a newborn puppy. There’s a high chance of your husky killing the Pitbull.
- When the Pitbull gets 8 months old. Your husky may not compete with him if your husky is less powerful.
- If the husky is more powerful or he has his fellow ones like him. Then in the fight of Pitbull dogs vs Huskies, there’s a possibility of a Pitbull getting harmed or even killed in worse cases.
- An average powerful Husky may not kill the Pitbull. But can cause great damage to Pitbull’s body.
- If the Husky hasn’t learned anything about fighting yet. Or in worst cases, he’s distracted or confused somehow. Then the Pitbull is going to hurt him with no mercy.
In a nutshell, in a Husky and Pitbull fight both of them have their own strong and weak points. Declaring one is the better fighter and another is not wouldn’t justify the exception cases. Instead, we should focus on the good traits that benefit us and them as well. If they get the lifestyle that suits them and training based on their personality. There’s no chance of any scary fights between them or with another.